1753767 Members
6138 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380G8 hard drive issue

yaro137
Advisor

DL380G8 hard drive issue

I have WIndows Server 2012R2 installed on a Proliant server with 2 disks in RAID1 where the OS keeps reporting a lot of messages "Logical drive 1  of array controller ... returned a fatal error during read/write request from/to that volume ... Logical block address ... block count 8 and command 32 were taken from the failed logical I/O request. Array controller is also reporting that the last physical drive to report a fatal error condition is located in ..." and here come both the drive locations interchangably. Ilo looks clean though. Hardware team on site report they see no issue with any of the drives. Would it be something with the array controller then?

1 REPLY 1
Tam92
HPE Pro

Re: DL380G8 hard drive issue

Hello,

This needs deeper analysis of the storage subsystem which includes the controller and the HDDs.

Logs need to be checked to find out if there are any hard read/write errors on the drives. 

Controller firmware could also be a possible cause here. Hence recommend to keep the firmware/driver up to date.

Also request you to log a case with HPE for diagnosis of the storage subsystem.

Thanks,

TAM

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo