5133 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380e Gen8 Not Recognising Hardware

olie93
Occasional Visitor

DL380e Gen8 Not Recognising Hardware

Hello,

I currently am having trouble getting my dl380e gen8 to reconized any additonal pci hardware, and i believe this the reason my fans spin at high speed.

I have a dl360e gen that is running the same iLO version and detects the PCI cards fine and the fans spin at normal speed. The below picture is a screenshot of the DL360e from within iLO under device inventory

This is the same screenshot from the DL380e

I have tried removing all PCI cards and the fans spin down to normal speed so it must be PCI related.

I have tried installing just a NC523SFP which is on the supported hardware list and this is still shown as unknown

Both machines run ESXi and the Agentless Management Service is running and showing in iLO

3 REPLIES 3
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

You did not mentioned whether the adapters are functioning or not ? also other server generation ?

Also is there any PCI error in ILO/IML event?

Anyway, assuming it as ilo reporting issue as indicated by the snap "Unknown"

I would suggest you to update following and check the status:

1. Update ILO Firmware to latest.

2. Update to latest version on HPE AMS.

Regards,

Sudhir

I work for HPE

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!  

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

olie93
Occasional Visitor

Hi Sudhir,

The adaptors are working within ESXi. There are no PCI releated errors in the IML.

iLO is running Firmware 2.61 which i believe to be the latest for iLO4

The AMS is running from the ESXi 6.5U2 HPE customized image.

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please update to latest version of AMS, 

* RECOMMENDED * Agentless Management Service Offline Bundle for VMware vSphere 6.5

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_d27d293754034c7ab997fd6798

Reboot the server (Ensure that AMS service is running.)

Reset ILO, and check the status.

If still issue persist,  please raise a case with HPE.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo