1752290 Members
5070 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380e g8 memory problem

Strange-Rover
Frequent Visitor

DL380e g8 memory problem

My DL380e g8 had been working fine but today I turned it off to add a 10GBe card, after that it would start but come up with a critical error, with the machine off it wouldn't bring up the ILO4 homepage but it would with it running it comes up with "Connection with iLO cannot be established. If you recently made changes to the network configurations, you may need to refresh this page to re-negotiate an SSL connection".  Removing the 10GBe card didn't resolve it.  It eventually let me into ILO and displayed "memory details other" for all of the memory sticks, can anyone shed light on what the issue may be as I can't find anything on it.  The ILO firmware and the system ROM are the most up to date versions.

5 REPLIES 5
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

HP ProLiant DL380 Gen8 Memory Upgrade Options:

The memory of the HP DL380e Gen8 is expandable up to 192GB in a dual processor configuration.

Below we have compiled a chart of memory kits that are commonly used.

Tips for Upgrading Your HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Memory:

• The supported memory DIMM type and speed is dependent on your current server configuration.
  • Distribute the memory capacity between all processors as evenly as possible.
  • Never mix Unbuffered and Registered PC3 DIMMs.
  • For advanced ECC mode configurations, DIMMs may be installed individually.
  • Advanced ECC mode provides the greatest memory capacity, while providing up to 4-bit error correction.

Before you add the new memory. 

Are you replaced existing and you check the specification of both memory?

Can you send the screenshot what the exact error?

I Haq
Strange-Rover
Frequent Visitor

I'm not adding more memory, the problem arose after I went to add an HP NC552SFP 10GBe card.

As a test I've now swapped to memory sticks from this server into another that works and they work fine in it, I put 1 16GB stick per CPU in my DL380e g8 from the other working server but the machine is still not working.  In ILO it isn't updating the ram details now it has been changed and it appears that the machine is stuck in post.  I can't see what is happening onscreen as I don't currently have a dedicated KVM and if I try to view the video in Remote Console it comes up as no video output.

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Then my suggestion first arrange the KVM and connect physically.

I Haq
ManBha
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please do refer the below document to troubleshoot no power issue.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00044268en_us&docLocale=en_US

Thanks,

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Strange-Rover
Frequent Visitor

My KVM finally arrived and gives me a warning of no input before going into low power mode, it isn't the KVM though as that is working fine on the other servers I have.