Did you mean: 

DL380e

SOLVED
Go to solution
Real1tySucks
Occasional Visitor

DL380e

Hi.

Im new to hp servers, so i have a question.

Is there any chance to install some linux on that server useing HW raid ( Intrested in CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu Server, or, mainly, FreeBSD. But RHEL also can fit )?

Any distro i tried - didn't see any discs..

Even RHEL. If i try to use Intelligent Provisioning to install RHEL - it didn't see mounted in iLo RHEL 6 dvd... I googled much, but no answers.. 

4 REPLIES
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: DL380e

You need the hpvsa driver to use the embedded RAID controller. It is not a true hardware RAID controller like the P series Smart Array controllers. The hpsa driver provides the firmware blob to make the RAID function. The driver is binary only and is available for both RHEL and SLES.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=5269386&lang=en&lang=en&cc=us&cc=us&ac.admitted=1352841265233.876444892.199480143

Select RHEL or SLES and then select the HP Dynamic Smart Array SATA RAID Controller Driver

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Real1tySucks
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your help!

But how can i load this driver during install process? Thanks

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Once you select your OS, further down the page there is a section called Software - Driver Update. The download here is a "dd" image that can be used during boot to install the driver. The instructions for use are on the page

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Real1tySucks
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for your help! It worked =) Thank you again)