7194 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380g3,raid 5,one HD is bad ,but I can not replace a good HD

maysen1
Occasional Contributor

DL380g3,raid 5,one HD is bad ,but I can not replace a good HD

DL380G3,smart 5i, 6 HD =raid 5.
today i find one HD(id=5) is bad ,when i plug it again,it still show red LED,Then i replace it with a good same HD.but make myself strange is : the smart 5i show me the missing HD SCSI ID is 13,not id=5. the good HD does not inlude array A,The array is still bad,message is:bad HD Or missing a physical HD.
ID=13 ?? the max ID=5,how can i do?? clear configuration and re-config it? i do not want to do that.!! thank for your reply!!!!!
2 REPLIES 2
maysen1
Occasional Contributor

Re: DL380g3,raid 5,one HD is bad ,but I can not replace a good HD

no body know what's my means??

5555555555555 :(
John Marinov
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL380g3,raid 5,one HD is bad ,but I can not replace a good HD

*important* Hot pluggable drives (purple button)? Boot the system.

IF the array is RAID 5, you will get a message at boot: Press F1 to continue with Automatic recovery or press F2 to fail volumes.

If you fail the volumes, the operating system will not boot (because you told it to fail the volume -which means it is offline). You want to "Continue with automatic recovery".

When the system is up and running, pull the drive with the red light. Wait 5 minutes. Put in the new drive and make sure the green arrow starts flashing at approx 1 sec intervals (this means the array is rebuilding).

The SCSI ID is set by the slot, not the drive. Don't worry about SCSI IDs, because the array controller will look after all of that. Just make sure the array controller can see the drive.