ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753657 Members
5859 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380p Gen8 CPLD 31 only available for MS-Windows??

anthony11
Regular Advisor

DL380p Gen8 CPLD 31 only available for MS-Windows??

Document ID: c03994963

Advisory: HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server - Unexpected Server Shutdown or Erroneous Power Supply "General Failure" or "Input Power Loss or Unplugged" Messages in the Integrated Management Log (IML)

This seems suspiciously similar to issues I've had with a couple of G8 systems that one day just powered down and wouldn't power back up from iLO -- HP's answer was to replace the system boards, but I'm keen to avoid a recurrence.

The advisory only references a CPLD update utility for MS Windows, though, and I've been unable to find references elsewhere to one for Linux (or anything else).  Anyone know the scoop?

5 REPLIES 5
mapospis
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL380p Gen8 CPLD 31 only available for MS-Windows??

You can find CPLD version 32 here:

Linux Operating Systems:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw/p872484366/v87741

For Windows Operating Systems 32-bit:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw/p1827820803/v87685

For Windows Operating Systems 64-bit:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw/p587093570/v90047

To verify that the updated CPLD version 32 successfully loaded, AC power-cycle the machine and allow the system to complete POST, which could take several minutes. Then, via iLO, select Information / Diagnostic and verify that CPLD - PAL0 shows a Device version 0x32 as shown below. If the version is something other than 0x32, AC power-cycle the system a second time and wait for the system to complete POST and check again. Some operating systems may require a second reboot in order for the CPLD to take effect.

anthony11
Regular Advisor

Ah, thanks.  Turns out I already had that but hadn't realized the SPLD == CPLD, though it's been months since I've been able to find any trace of this on the web site -- almost like it had been withdrawn.  Might you know if there's an ESXi version of the update script?  If there's a way to predict paths on HP's FTP server I've yet to find it :-/

PZel
Trusted Contributor

When I try to install the 64 bit file cp021330 on a W2K8 R2 DL380p GEN8 it gives me an error:

"This software will not be installed on the system because the required hardware is not present on the system  OR the system/firmware doesn't apply to the system"  I also tried the 32 bit Win file but that gives the same error..

When I choose  extract on that cp021330 and I use then the file:    SYSPAL_0x32_SASPAL_0x0c_signed.vme        as upload in the ILO/Administration/Firmware/Server Firmware   then it accept that file and will install it.

A hardware reboot is then necessary to display the 0x32 in   ILO/Information/Diagnostics

Strange way to install .....

PZ
Joern W.
Advisor

Do you have the latest version of the HP ProLiant iLO4 Management Controller Driver Package device driver installed?

This is one of the prerequisite for a successful installation of the SPLD update together with having iLO4 version 1.10 or later installed.

Best regards, Joern.

PZel
Trusted Contributor

Hello Joern,

I've got the newest 2013.09 installed, my ILO is 1.32.

After I installed the CLPLD with the update utility in the ILO itself, its still giving me that error, when i try to run cp021330  via W2K8 R2 what is running on my DL380p  GEN8. Strange ...

Is it a important Update, or will it seldomn occur ??

PZ