1752614 Members
4387 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380p Gen8 No Display, No Post, Flashing Red Health LED

lfenchel07
Occasional Visitor

DL380p Gen8 No Display, No Post, Flashing Red Health LED

I am trying to configure a DL380p Gen8, 25 SFF bay server and have no display, no post code and a flashing red health status LED.  The first thing I thought of was ram so I took out all 12 modules and put one back into slot A of channel 1 (only one processor), powered it back on and had the same results.  I can get into iLo, however, its displaying an incorrect/weird server serial number that has two % signs in it and is nothing like the printed serial.  I flashed the iLo firmware which seemed to be successful but now remote console says undefind and doesn't bring anything up.  As far as the status under iLo it says Failed on the BIOS/Hardware Health line, but there doesn't seem to be any corresponding information when I click on it.  Everything else seems to say OK except for the memory which doesnt provide any information because it didn't complete POST.  The processor is a E5-2630 V2, BIOS revision is P70 From February 2013; didn't know if there may be some incompatibility there that would cause this.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
RDabrowski
Occasional Contributor

Re: DL380p Gen8 No Display, No Post, Flashing Red Health LED

This post is extremely old, but I am hoping you see this.  Did you ever find a solution? I have the identical problem you had on the identical hardware.  I have tried replacing everything including the motherboard and cannot get this box going.