ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753288 Members
5208 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380p Gen8 P420i -- Drives out of order --Help!

bradc87
Occasional Advisor

DL380p Gen8 P420i -- Drives out of order --Help!

Hey Folks, 

During some troubleshooting of an earlier issue, I have removed 6 drives from the front of my DL380p. These driver were members of a raid10 array. I did not record their original positions, and now on boot I get a message that there are no logical drives, and that the drive position has changed "Please run diagnositcs, then power OFF and return drives to their original locations." I have run the diagnostics, but it creates a very long report and I am unsure how to read it properly to get the drive position information. 

Can anyone assist here? 

Screenshot_2021-09-22_085349.png

5 REPLIES 5
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Any data on RAID drives?

I Haq
bradc87
Occasional Advisor

Yes lots of data, I would like to not lose the volume if possible. 

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Important thing are you able to running windows?

I Haq
bradc87
Occasional Advisor

no this is my boot volume, I cannot load the OS

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

If you're under a support contract, have you tried calling HP and asking them for additional assistance in identifying the drive order? That's a LOT of drives to try swapping around until you get the right configuration.

Try to re-inserted each disk one by one, having one disk in on bootup allowed the controller to detect the old configuration from a single disk and then decided that the remaining 13 were missing, Tried connecting them all at once after the first disk and it went back to 0 volumes, inserted them in one by one (took ages as you know how long these servers take to boot!) and it came back. Some of the drives refused to work in certain slots so I left them till the end and inserted them in the remaining available slots (I think I was left with four to juggle around with) and then they all detected and the controller went into a 'RECOVERING' state.

Check this link.

[SOLVED] RAID issue with HP P410 and disks in wrong order - Spiceworks

I Haq