ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748060 Members
5288 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380p Gen8 Running Windows Server 2012 Std., Problem with Intel Virtualization Technology/VT-x

JACOBPAR
Occasional Advisor

DL380p Gen8 Running Windows Server 2012 Std., Problem with Intel Virtualization Technology/VT-x

Hi,

i'm having issues with a DL380p Gen8 (Xeon E5-2630) not recognizing Intel Virtualization Technology. In the BIOS all options are enabled (No-Execute Memory Protection, Intel Virtualization Technology, Intel VT-d). I powerd down the system completely but still "Intel Processor Identification Utility" tells me there is no Intel Virtualization Technology and no VT-x. Coreinfo.exe also tells me the same.

BIOS is up to date with version 2014.02.10 (A).

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Klaas

3 REPLIES 3
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Re: DL380p Gen8 Running Windows Server 2012 Std., Problem with Intel Virtualization Technology/VT-x

I'd suggest double and triple checking the BIOS settings. That's the only place I can think of where it would actually disable any of the VT options. I can't think of any other reason why they'd show up as unavailable in the OS unless it was just a strangely defective CPU.

Maybe there's just some BIOS setting that you changed but forgot to hit enter, or it flipped back for some reason... definitely re-check them all to make 100% sure.

Do you have dual CPU's and are they the same stepping? Maybe there's some weird incompatibility with different steppings in a 2 CPU system, if everything else seems okay.
SyntaXT
Advisor

Try reseting BIOS to default, it should be enabled by default.
JACOBPAR
Occasional Advisor

Thank you all, will try this weekend and let you know.

BTW, it's a 1 CPU Server. I also just noticed that Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) firmware s not up to date. Will update to v. 2.0 this weekend also, maybe that helps...