1751735 Members
6081 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380p Gen8 Unexpected Shutdown

technologist36
Occasional Advisor

Firemware are updated and server still shuts down.

Any Clue?

MohammedAzas

Am also getting the same issue, from abt 3hrs it is showing the same screen "Please wait,anasyzing system". any clue how u have resolved.

Van Geem

Hi,

I am facing this "please wait, anaylising system" issue while upgrading to SPP2016.04.0 on a Proliant DL380p Gen8. Did you ever managed to resolve this issue? Is it just a metter of waiting long enough?

Cheers

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Booted from SPP?

This step normally takes ~5 min.

Bad image on that USB device?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Corbin OReilly
Advisor

Hello. I have a DL360P Gen8 and after 1 hour it still says, "Please wait, analyzing system ...." Did you ever get past this point? Did you have to wait a long time for it to complete? Thanks for the help

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Corbin OReilly wrote:

Hello. I have a DL360P Gen8 and after 1 hour it still says, "Please wait, analyzing system ...." Did you ever get past this point? Did you have to wait a long time for it to complete? Thanks for the help

I'd say the system is hung if it has been likethat for an hour.  Assuming you booted from USB media. How did you create the USB key?  Try using the USB key utility that is included with the ISO image

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Corbin OReilly
Advisor

Hi. I downloaded and installed the HPE USB Key Utility v2.1 from the HP website. I then downloaded the Proliant SPP iso. I installed the utility, ran it, pointed to the SPP iso, it created successfully then I booted the server with the USB Key. Chose Automatic and it successfully upgraded the BIOS, RAID Controller, iLO, etc then went to the "Please wait, analyzing system" screen where it has been sitting for over 2 hours. Do you think it is safe to power off the server, boot up with the USB Key again, choose Automatic and see if it applies any more updates? I didn't see it upgrade the firmware on the individual hard drives which I think are also out of date. Thanks.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

v2.1 is the version that is included on the current SPP media. At this point I don't think you have any other option but to reboot and run the SPP again. I'd run it in manual mode so you can see what firmware versions are installed

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Threonine
Occasional Advisor

I've had this too on a DL380 G7 and a DL380p Gen8.  Not too fun when you've got an entire customer environment shut down and waiting for it to finish and it never does.  The first time I had this I waited half an hour and finally rebooted and found the firmware was all up to date.  The latest one I've waited over an hour with no progress.  The SPP is running Mozilla Firefox for Linux, and I was hoping I could force the browser to just reload the page and see if anything changes, but the keyboard shortcut doesn't work and there's no way to do it with the mouse.  The only thing I can get it to do is move the window around (Alt+F11).  This is happening on SPP 2016.10.0.  What's going on with this, HP?  See screenshot.

Permanent hangPermanent hang

Corbin OReilly
Advisor

I powered off the server, booted with the USB drive again and all firmware was up-to-date. My server is working fine. Thanks for the help.