ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748277 Members
4079 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380p Gen8 iLO 4 WebGUI doesn't load. Putty/SSH works without issue.

Occasional Contributor

DL380p Gen8 iLO 4 WebGUI doesn't load. Putty/SSH works without issue.

Hi, everyone. The WebGUI of my iLO 4 will not load. I have tried the entire process outlined in this post:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/dl360p-gen8-ilo-4-not-available-responding/td-p/6987639/page/3#.XqiCR8lMH3A

... But it did not bring any solution and I still get a "This site can't be reached."

I can Putty/SSH without issue, and all of the settings via F8 (iLO settings) are correct. I can also get into Intelligent Provisioning without issue and all those features are fine. This is the only host (of 9) on the network that is doing this, and I can ping the iLO without issue so I can rule out a network problem. 

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you for your time. 

4 REPLIES 4
DANDKS
HPE Pro

There are few question which may be silly but important;

Is the iLO4 installed with License?

Was it working fine previously? If yes, then since when did the issue seen & what were the changes made prior to observing the issue?

Which is the browser used to access the iLO remote console? Try using different browser & also try from different systems

Have you tried clearing the Browser cache & unwanted data & then access iLO?

Connect a laptop to the iLO port directly & then try to access iLO to see if that makes any difference.

What release of firmware is applied for the iLO4? Was an upgrade or downgrade of the iLO4 firmware attempted? If not yet tried, we suggest to upgrade or downgrade the iLO firmware version depending on the current version.

Please provide an update to the above queries.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Cali
Honored Contributor

Hi,

try to restart the iLO by CLI:

connect by SSH and enter:

cd /map1
reset

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Occasional Contributor

No question is silly, and I appreciate your time...

-The iLO4 is installed and activated with a license (confirmed active)
-The last time it was working was last month, and there have been no changes to the machine in that time.
-I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE; all browsers show the same/similar generic "Page cannot be reached" message.
-Browser cache has been cleared and I have tried from a freshly spun machine as well.
-I will attempt to connect directly to the iLO port and see if I can get on the webGUI
-This is v2.73 (the latest version). I have not yet attempted a downgrade; we have 9 other hosts of the same model and same mfg date/run that are exhibiting no issues/symptoms at all.

Thank you very much for your time. I will try the direct connection to the iLO port and report back.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I am still able to get to the webGUI after issuing that command.