1748134 Members
3455 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380p HDD lights are off...

Rich Parde
Occasional Contributor

DL380p HDD lights are off...

We recently purchased 5 refurbished DL380p Gen8 servers with 16 SFF bays. They are otherwise working very well.

But, the HDD lights have never worked.  Not once.  Even the identification LED's don't light in Smart Array.

I have updated to the latest SPP 8.1.  Smart Array 8.32.  I have original HP drives, model EG0900JFCKB, with HPD6 firmware. 

Is something unplugged somewhere?  Do I have to purchase a Smart Array license? Really?

7 REPLIES 7
mitchd123
Collector

Are they authenic HPE drive caddys?

caddy.png

Rich Parde
Occasional Contributor

Yes, they appear to be.  They have the contact points, as in your photograph.  They have the LED's on the front bezel.  The knockoffs I've seen are solid black with no contact points.  They are stamped 651687-001 B REV: 2.014. 

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Are the hard disks configured in a raid?
The hard disk will not show any LED indications, If not configured in the raid.
The issue with the hard disk caddy, If the hard disk configured under configured.

I hope server is running with the latest bios.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Rich Parde
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Yes, there are 4 identical original HP SAS drives, model EG0900JFCKB, with HPD6 firmware.

The sticker on the bezel shows part number 785411.

I used Smart Array 8.32 to configure the 4 drives into one RAID 5 volume, before installing Windows 2019 standard server. 

I've installed SPP 8.1, and updated iLO 4 to 2.75.  iLo shows the ROM: P70 5/24/2019. 

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

If server is running with the latest bios and firmware.

The issue with the hard disk caddy, needs to be replace.

I would suggest you have a proper case be logged with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Rich Parde
Occasional Contributor

I work for a public school district, and the servers we purchased are not from an HPE authorized refurbisher or reseller.  In other words, no warranty.  They will still help me?

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Yes, they will help you and suggest you further recommendations.

I am a HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo