1753843 Members
8170 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL385 Battery Failed, Replace Battery

Frank Lagana
Occasional Advisor

DL385 Battery Failed, Replace Battery

Hi we have 3 DL385 that the battery on the 6i has failed, after replacing the battery with new ones a week later we continue to get the Failed battery status when booting up. We have done the following, latest firmware on Smart Arry and latest support pack 8.25a. Any idea as why we are getting this/

Thanks

Frank
10 REPLIES 10
gsb_2
Regular Advisor

Re: DL385 Battery Failed, Replace Battery

I have the same problem with a DL385 and the 6i. I've replaced the battery three times and the array accelerator PCA and still have the same battery failure message. I guess next would be the motherboard.

Greg
Shayne Heidemann
Regular Advisor

There was a problem with one of the firmware versions that caused a similar problem.

I suggest checking what version you are on and try one up or down from there.
Frank Lagana
Occasional Advisor

Thaks for the info but we also tried the firmware as well.
triangle687
Occasional Advisor

Hi all, I solved this issue by replacing 128MB cache module. You have to use RoHS spare part for E200i controller (413486-001). It's fully compatible with Smart array 6i.
I don't know root cause of this issue, but problem has been solved on several servers with SA6i (BL20p G3, DL360G3)
pj_11
Super Advisor

I had the same problem on a DL360 G4P.I replaced the battery every 28 days and went through about 3 battery then i replaced the cache module same problem if you want my advise i would replace the systemboard as it is more than the likely culprit.Since replacing
the systemboard the fault has never come back with the battery issue.

PJ
Dhanesh Amirthalingam
Regular Advisor

Hi Frank,

Part number 346914-B21 refers to the HP Smart Array 6i 128 MB Battery Backed Write Cache (BBWC) enabler option kit, which includes three parts:

As per the Hp Advisory given below

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=408421&prodTypeId=15351&objectID=c01724516

the problem should not be repleted right ?
did you tried to check the part number of the 6i controller ,if it may be an problem with an installer setup such has any alternate part has been received for the correct part

After checking the all the part number
please let me know

if it has an problem with firmware coding
Frank Lagana
Occasional Advisor

Great, Thaks for the info, I will look into this and get back to you..
gsb_2
Regular Advisor

Finally fixed my problem. It was the battery holder. Probably bad contacts.
lawrenceliew78
Occasional Visitor

Hi ALL,

Please help, i had DL385G1 and DL380G4 smart array 6I battery failed issue on eery 2 week after i change the new battery, i had replace the systemboard, 128MB cache card, 6I Battery holder and battery, the firmware are V2.85 for smart array, but the issue still same. Please help. this is very urgent.