6344 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL385 G2 Post Boot Hang

Andrew Davenport
Frequent Advisor

DL385 G2 Post Boot Hang

Hi All,

I have a Proliant DL385G2 which will not boot, it passes the RAM check and gets to the line regarding the power operation mode and then just stops.
I have removed additional cards etc and it will go no further.
I can access the iLO2 board and see that the system status is OK across the board, the RAM and CPU all check out.
Has anyone else seen this and if not does anyone have any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
my recomendation is to upgrade all firmwares - use firmware dvd 9.1c, check SmartArray status.
Let us know...
Jan
Andrew Davenport
Frequent Advisor

Hi

I thought of that myself but as the server will not boot beyond the point where it stops i cannot access any drives or media in order to apply firmware.
Andrew Davenport
Frequent Advisor

Just a thought, could it be that the Power Module for the CPU is gone? If so i dont know how to test or replace it as its integrated on to the system board.
iLO is not mentioning any problems with it though.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

hello,
is this server under warranty? Looks like case for suppor.
are you able to reach and enter bios?

Jan
Andrew Davenport
Frequent Advisor

Hi, i spoke to HP and this was the solution, flick switch no.6 to on in the bank of maintenance switches and boot, this clears the NVRAM, power off, flick the switch back to the off position and reboot and all should be well, i now have the server booting back to normal. Seems it could be due to power issues and the customer does not have a UPS, i am sure they will now buy one!
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, I am glad you found real solution... :)

Jan