1752456 Members
6186 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL385 G2 won't boot out of BIOS

brunerc
Occasional Advisor

DL385 G2 won't boot out of BIOS

After having issues with not being able to create a NIC Team, I removed KB948496 and rebooted per information I found on the web. (I don't think this is the cause of my problem, but wanted to make it known.)

Afterwards, I found that the server during post would check both processors, verify memory was ok, show ILO info (ILO is accessible and I can get into setup with F8), Smart Array is working, and then load the Broadcom NetXtreme II Ethernet Boot Agent v2.8.5.

At this point, it will go no further. Hitting Ctrl-S to get into the Broadcom setup will not go. Hitting F9 to go into BIOS setup will show the message "F9 Pressed" to acknowledge but it never loads. It never gets to the point to try and load Windows. Since I can't get into the BIOS, I can't tell it to boot off of CD to try and load new firmware.

I reset the system battery by removing and reinstalling thinking it might help but nothing changed.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
brunerc
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL385 G2 won't boot out of BIOS

Here is a screenshot... it will just sit here until you reset the server
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

you can try:

- reseat all parts: Processor, memory DIMMS, PCI cards, HDDs

- minimize server just 2 Memory DIMMS, one Procs, no PCI cards,

- clear CMOS (if you don't know procesure let me know)

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
brunerc
Occasional Advisor

Turns out it was the system board. Called into HP to have it replaced. Afterwards it booted up with no problems.