3831 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

DL385 G6 Woes

Jens Teglhus Møller
Occasional Advisor

DL385 G6 Woes

Hi

I have a DL385 G6 Server installed with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and I'm experiencing a number of issues:

• iLO has stopped responding. It did work but at some point in time it disappeared (its not reachable from HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility).
  • IML Log does not seem to work properly. When starting the HP ProLiant Integrated Management Log Viewer I get the error 'Either the driver does not support the Integrated Management Log or there is not Integrated Management Log on this system'. If I start HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows I am able to see IML entries but class an description is 'Unknown' for all entries.
  • In System Management Homepage, the only components I can see status for is the Network (no information about disks, cpus, memory, ...). System Management Homepage itself times out every time I try to load it (but that's the same or all my profliant server, even 24 core servers that sits idle).

The server itself runs fine, but all the HP management stuff is unusable. According to the version control agent all system software is up to date.

Any ideas on how to normalize the HP software on this server?

Best regards Jens

12 REPLIES 12
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

Re: DL385 G6 Woes

hi,

Please check, if the insight management agents are installed and are runing. Please check the SNMP config, if you are using SNMP as data source for the SMH. PLease be sure, that the ilo driver/fw is up to date.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Jens Teglhus Møller
Occasional Advisor

I'm using WBEM, but strangely enough, when adding 'public' as an accepted community name in the windows snmp configuration all the missing components showed up in SMH. Does that make sense?.

I still have the issue with the IML viewer, i experience the same issue on 3 DL385G7 server as well, all running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

What's the current version of the ilo driver and ilo firmware?

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Jens Teglhus Møller
Occasional Advisor

From VCA I have the following iLO related components installed:

• HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions: 1.14.0.0
  • HP ProLiant Integrated Lights-Out Management Interface Driver for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions:1.15.0.0 
  • HP Lights-Out Passthrough Service for Windows: 1.2.26.0 
  • HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility for Windows 2003/2008 x64 Editions: 3.2.0.0

Best regards Jens

Jens Teglhus Møller
Occasional Advisor

After installing v6.0.0.0 of the IML Viewer I now get a 'No System Management driver is loaded' error when starting it.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

If iLO2 isn't responding, power off the server and remove the power cords from the server for about 10 seconds. 

After that, please install the latest iLO2 firmware version 2.07 ASAP.  There has been many 'iLO2 not reponding' issues we have fixed in firmware in the past 18 months alone.  Also, be sure you have the latest iLO2 channel interface driver v1.15 installed ( cp011817.exe ) and iLO2 Management driver v1.14 installed ( cp013803.exe ).

If you already had version 2.07 and the iLO is becoming unresponsive, please let me know.

The server was scheduled for reboot last night and never came back online, so I had to go to the hosting centre and rescue it.

I think it was stuck during raid controller initialization, I powered it down and unplugged it as suggested. The iLO now work again (thanks).

It did have iLO firmware version v2.07 (in Japanese though, that seem to happen to me a lot, makes it a little challenging to log in) and the two other driver you mention are also installed in suggested versions.

It seems like the IML issue has fixed itself, perhaps as part of the reboot or could it be because I normally don't log in as administrator but instead as a user in the administrators group (i have only tested it as Administrator)?

Best regards Jens