5423 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL385, Slow Console Graphic

Ditmar Stoop
Occasional Advisor

Same problem here. Any news on this?
Tried several drivers, but no go. Haven't found any dedicated Windows 2003 drivers.

pj_11
Super Advisor

Hello,

We have bought several new DL385 AMD in the last month.It appears to me that there are problems which are not common with the INTEL based servers.See below of problems new servers.

1)System board replaced new server
2)CPU overheated new server
3)software hanging W2K3
4)Graphics issue.
5)slow response when logging on.

PJ.
Cody Chen
Advisor

Hi !

I also have same case to replace the mother board on DL385G1 server with dual AMD/280 CPU. I almost to request the DOA.

Currently, I install the RHEL4AS_x64 which sometime get server reboot cause by "ASR Detected by System ROM" ??

I am still working to identify which ASR cause by h/w, s/w ??

Appreciated, if you know the root cause then save me a lot of time.

Cody.

Stuart Robson
Occasional Advisor

Any updates?
...and what was HPs respons - Is there anywhere we can track this issue?
Daniel Segel
Occasional Advisor

I just set up a new DL385 and it needed a new system board and/or processopr before it would even boot up. Now that those have been replaced I'm seeing the slow console graphics.

I haven't searched for newer graphics drivers yet...I hope this system is as reliable as my previous Proliants. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake going for the Opteron instead of the Xeon.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Have you tried changing the hardware acceleration to full?

Right click on the display and select properties, when the Display Properties window comes up select the setting tab, and depress
the advanced button, another window will pop up with additional settings, select the Troubleshooting tab and move the Hardware acceleration bar to the FULL position.

There is also a driver version which will resolve this, but I can't attach it here since it's around 8 MB zipped.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Daniel Segel
Occasional Advisor

I applied the latest Proliant Service Pack (PSP7.51 I think) and it seems to have fixed the slow console, although to be honest I haven't used it very much yet due to other issues.