1751897 Members
5943 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL580 G2 - United Linux hang with PSP7.0

Denis Goffinet
Advisor

DL580 G2 - United Linux hang with PSP7.0

I'm not sure, I'm in the correct forum but I hope there will be someone to help me.

I'm running 4 DL 580 G2 box with Suse Linux Enterprise Server 8 and SAP. Until beginning of last week, everything was running fine. I decided to upgrade Proliant Support Pack from version 6.40 to version 7.00, then ... server chrash randomly, without anything unusual written in syslog file.

If ASR is activated, server reboots by itself. If not, server is "pingable" but no login allowed ( linux side, SAP side).

Does anyone else face this problem? Has someone seen a similar post somewhere in this forum?
3 REPLIES 3
Bill Wood_3
Respected Contributor

Re: DL580 G2 - United Linux hang with PSP7.0

Please post the output of alt-sysrq p t and m when the machine is locked.
Denis Goffinet
Advisor

Hello Bill, could you explain me briefly what those key sequences does?

For the moment, I disabled PSP on all linux machines, and it seems that the problem doesn't occurs anymore ( I hope)

but when I will be sure that my producxtion environment will be stable. I will do more testing over development one and put the output ( if possible) you require here.

Thank you
Denis
Bill Wood_3
Respected Contributor

Basically it prints out the current registers, memory and process info. Please see the file sysrq.txt in the kernel source Documentation directory for details.