1753416 Members
7596 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL580 G2 new rails won't fit in rack

asnoble
Occasional Contributor

DL580 G2 new rails won't fit in rack

I have an older server rack that has round holes with 10/32 size and thread bolts. Evidently the hp rails are used for the "square type" racks. How do I modify? Any ideas? Maybe I can buy like a 42U rail and put them in front of my other round hole rack rails on the cabinet?

Ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

if you can find one, you need the 3rd Party Rack Kit 287528-B21

3rd Party Rack Kit 287528-B21

NOTE: The rack kit (PN 287528-B21) provides support for any rack, square hole or

round hole, (including HP Rack System /E and HP Systems), with an adjustment range

from 23 ½" - 34" deep.

NOTE: The Third party rack kit is required for round hole racks or for square hole

racks that do not conform to the adjustment range of the standard rail that ships with

the server.

Page 26 of the quickspec

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04285262

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
BK_HPE
Valued Contributor

Hello @asnoble

As Jimmy Vance has said, page 26 of the HP ProLiant DL580 Gen2 QuickSpecs shows 3rd Party Rack Kit (PN 287528-B21) provides support for any rack, square hole or round hole, (including HP Rack System /E and HP Systems), with an adjustment range from 23 ½" - 34" deep.   NOTE: The Third party rack kit is required for round hole racks or for square hole racks that do not conform to the adjustment range of the standard rail that ships with the server.  Which is an excellent find.  With the age of the server, to find the 3rd Party Rack Kit (PN 287528-B21) I recommend Googleing the part number as there are several online retailers that have that part. 

Please let me know if there is any way I can help you with in the future.