ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753736 Members
4535 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL580 G3 memory board is disabled

MWillhite

DL580 G3 memory board is disabled

I have a dl580 g3 with a disabled memory board in slot 2. When the server is powered on, I get an error message stating "210 - Memory Board Error Slot 2" and the server disables the board andonly sees the memory on the board in slot 1. If I swap the memory boards, the memory board that is now in slot 1 generates the error and the server sees only the memory on the board in slot 2. I have tried replacing the disabled memory board (using the original memory) with no change. I have tried replacing the memory on the disabled board with no change. I have tried replacing both the memory board and the memory with no change. If I take 1 bank of memory from the geeod memory board and put it in the disabled memory board, the server again only sees the memory that is in the good memory board. At this point I am at a loss for what could be the issue. No matter what slot I put the disabled memory board, it generates that error on boot and remains disabled. No matter what slot I place the good memory board, the server sees it good. Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Re: DL580 G3 memory board is disabled

>>>
At this point I am at a loss for what could be the issue.
<<<
sounds to you you've done all the testing you can...

- both slot's are good
- the memory banks are good
- only the memory board is fault (or not right for this system).
=> replace the board
MWillhite

Thank you for your reply. As it turns out, the memory board was definitely bad. I replaced it and everything is working fine.
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

thanks for feedback
regards,
Pieter