New Discussion юеВ

DL580 G3 unexpected restart

predrag81
Valued Contributor

DL580 G3 unexpected restart

Dear all,

my problem is above mentioned.
OS is Win2003 enterprise edition.
Restarts are time independent and thay can be within OS running and also can be before POST started.
Firstable, there was versatile tone. Like that one when server power button is pressed and after that there should be POST with stilly tone but versatile tone is repeating and both leds internal and external flashing very fast and irrational.
Than both internal and external leds are green and fast blinking and server cannot boot, POST is so far in that situation.
This is one situation.
And the other is when i boot server but than restart occure within OS.
ASR is disable and i think that this is not OS problem.
After that I was try many solution like CPU, memory board, and the rest of hw to clean.
Nothing I didn't replace, last action was VRM cleaning because some contact were oxsidize and after that server works, but how long ....?

Sorry for my splutter text, i was hurry.
Thanks to all who have will to help me.

Predrag
3 REPLIES 3
predrag81
Valued Contributor

Re: DL580 G3 unexpected restart

Just to mentione that there is no any HP or Windows logs which will be usefull and which will tell me that something happent with HW.
Leds on QuickFind Display board are offline which means that all HW works fine.
I try to pull out some hotplug components just in case to check if there will be led indication and as i thought, led were indicating.
Also, all leds on front were online and green, except those situation when server cannot start when int and ext led are flashing very fast.

Any sugestion?
predrag81
Valued Contributor

Dear all,

PPM on one CPU was exceedingly oxidize and after that action problem was missing.
It's been 5 days ago and I can say that problem is solved.
And we all know that this kind of problem is possible, so, maybe i can help someone in the future.

Be carefull and don't be dubious about dirty components.

Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you!
predrag81
Valued Contributor

Be patient!