ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753764 Members
3323 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL580 G4 having problem with Windows Server 2003 R2 Ent SP2

Gerald Bai

DL580 G4 having problem with Windows Server 2003 R2 Ent SP2

After applying the SP2, O.S. cannot boot up.
3 REPLIES 3
Robert Gneist

hi!

having the same problem here
dl580 g4, running smoothly with w2k3 r2 enterprise (x64)
but as soon as i apply sp2, box reboots with a bluescreen short before coming to the gui
bluescreen: driver irq not less or equal (0x000000d1)

guess it has something to do with the hp psp
maybe some drivers dont like sp2???

any help appreciated!
thanks
Gerald Bai

It should be a driver issue. HP and MS gotta work together to solve this problem of Windows Server 2003 SP2.
Brian_469

Not sure if this will be of help to anyone else here having odd issues with x64 SP2 like I was but step 3 worked for me, I'm not running ISA server. I wasn't having crashing issues but I was getting pretty strange network issues after applying SP2. The system is a new Proliant DL580G4 with a clean install of Win 2003 Server R2 Ent.

According to your post, I understand that you lose network connectivity after applying Service Pack 2.

To resolve the problem, please try the following suggestions:

Step 1: Install the latest updates for Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004
==============
If you are running ISA Server 2004 in Windows SBS 2003, install the latest ISA Server 2004 updates. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

An update rollup is available for computers that are running ISA Server 2004, Standard Edition and Windows Small Business Server 2003, Premium Edition
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930414/en-us

Step 2: Update the network adapter drivers
==============
Contact the network adapter manufacturer or contact the original equipment manager (OEM) for the computer to determine whether an updated network adapter driver is available. You must have drivers that are compatible with NDIS 5.2 or with a later version.

Step 3: Disable Receive Side Scaling
==============
Disable Receive Side Scaling on the server. Modify the network adapter properties to disable Receive Side Scaling

1.Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl, and then click OK.
2.Right-click a network adapter object, and then click Properties.
3.Click Configure, and then click the Advanced tab.
4.In the Property list, click Receive Side Scaling, click Disable in the Value list, and then click OK.
5.Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each network adapter object.

Step 4: Disable offloading support
==============
1.Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2.Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
3.In the details pane, right-click EnableTCPA, and then click Modify.
Note If the EnableTCPA registry entry does not exist, create it. To do this, follow these steps:
a.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
b.In the New Value #1 box, type EnableTCPA, and then press ENTER.
4.In the Value data box, type 0 (zero), and then click OK.
5.Exit Registry Editor.
6.Restart the computer.

Warning├п┬╝ Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

Hope the information above is helpful!"

Sincerely,
Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003
Microsoft Online Support
Microsoft Global Technical Support Center