1752781 Members
6026 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL580 G4

Omega07

DL580 G4

I have a DL580 G4 that had a bad memory board, the board light was solid amber. I installed a new one and it is doing the samething. HP doesn't have an answer and I already ran the Smart Start Diagnostics and everything passed. HELP!!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Ryan Goff
Valued Contributor

Re: DL580 G4

Do you have 2 or 4 dimms installed? If you have 4 dimms, can you try 2 at a time see what happens? Maybe the slot that the memory board slides into is bad? Also make sure the memory dimms you are using are identical in the same bank.
Omega07

I have 2 DIMMS installed. I actually took memory out of another memory board that didn't have any issues and still got the same result. It doesn't happen right away. After the server has been up for a few minutes, then it kicks out the error. I have made sure the DIMMS are identical. I also moved the memory board to another slot and it still comes up amber after a while.
Ryan Goff
Valued Contributor

could be a DOA board? if you swapped memory and tried it in another slot and it still shows amber, it's most likely the board, unless it's some sort of bios/systemboard issue or compatibility issue with the memory.
Omega07

That is what I am thinking. I am just gonna call HP and have them send another one. It is always hard to believe they would send another part and that one end up being bad too.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

A DOA part is not hard to believe...!
I recall a problem once where HP sent out at least 4 duff parts before a good one got to site... :-(

Cheers,

Rob
Omega07

That is what it took me this time. Four parts later I finally got a good one. But the funny thing is. The first 3 all came from Singapore and the final working one came from the US. So I don't know if there is just a bad batch coming from Singapore or what.