4732 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL580 G5 Storage problem in VMWARE unable to extend Lun

pj_11
Super Advisor

DL580 G5 Storage problem in VMWARE unable to extend Lun

Hello All,

The Server has 16 disks installed.The problem isVmware can see both controllers but when you tryto extend the free space on the other Lun on theP400 there is no disk information to extend.The Server shows no sign of a fault i am just wondering if i have a duff controller or it looks as though VMWARE may have a issue.

8 Disk onboard contoller O/S installed.
8 Disk P400 contoller in PCI-E SLOT so this is the one i want to extend but does not show up.
Do you thing the controller may be faulty but Vmware see both controller in storage section
only when you try to extend it does not show this LUN so i cannot extend the Server has been rebuilt a few time is this hardware or software problem.
2 REPLIES 2
Jochen Schmitt

Re: DL580 G5 Storage problem in VMWARE unable to extend Lun

Hello,

I had the same problem using 2 P400 array controller in slot0 and slot7 with esx 3.5i.
If i connect to infrastructure server via infrastructure client, i see 2 P400 adapters but only 1 pool of disks; but both array controller are configured using a pool of 8 disks per controller as RAID5.

After this i connect direct to my physical ESX server via infrastructure client, i see 2 adapters of P400 and i can add 2 storage pools...

It seems to be a bug or old VI Client version.

pj_11
Super Advisor

Re: DL580 G5 Storage problem in VMWARE unable to extend Lun

Hello Jochen

The problem was fixed after doing some research
On this one we used the extend command by physically typing in the command to extend the LUN.On previous ones did not need to do this way.So something in VMWARE or client is being picky or as you say a bug.

Cheers

PJ.