cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL580 G5 is rebooted unexpectedly

Luphingo Japhary
Occasional Visitor

DL580 G5 is rebooted unexpectedly

We are running SQL2005 database on windows 2003 sp2 on HP Proliant DL580 G5 for call center , suddenly It was rebooted unexpectedly & there was an entry in IML log saying "Blue Screen Trap (Bug check stop 0x0000003f)

Kindly assist us ASAP
3 REPLIES
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: DL580 G5 is rebooted unexpectedly

I would recommend taking a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256004
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Peter Stringer
Regular Advisor

Re: DL580 G5 is rebooted unexpectedly

We have had exactly the same problem, we are running 64 bit Enterprise on 2003 R2. We also have the best support contract with HP, I have been disappointed in the HP Level of expertise, as we have a project to Virtualize our entire Datacenter environment I doubt if we will be buying HP. This is supposed to be a high end flagship bit of kit.

We first had a problem when the server rebooted itself with the ASR Function, after an unrecoverable system error code. HP asked me to upgrade all firmwares, system bios and PSP to version 8.11a. they assured me that upgrading Bios to 09/23/2008 would fix the problem.

After I had done this we had two Blue Screen traps.

They have escalated the problem. My confidence in them is rapidly diminishing. As they don't seem to know what they are doing. I would like to speak to a 3rd level support person who know's his onions so to speak rather than some body sitting in India speaking from a standard script.