1752577 Members
4216 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL580 G5 power up problem

mahan_1
Advisor

DL580 G5 power up problem

I have a DL 580 G5 server , after once I shutdown the server when I power it on no display appeared and fans just working by maximum speed and after minutes they did not decrease the speed , when I checked for fail , no fail detected on server , what can be the problem?
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Hi mahan

try basic troubleshooting
1. Reseat all component(take the, out put them back again), memory, processors, power supplies, PCI crads, ....

2. Try minimum configuration:
I mean 1 Proc at a time and its memories in that testing all processors one at a time and memories, remove PCI cards not needed, 2 or 1 PSU at a time

3. Remove any attached device

4. Clear NVRAM
Procedure(check picture attached for System Maintenance Switch location):
1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the server cover.
3. Locate the System Maintenance Switch, position S6, and move the switch to the "On" position.
4. Power the server back on for 1 minute.
5. Power-cycle the server off.
6. Move the System Maintenance Switch back to the "Off" position.
7. Replace the server cover and test.

5. check this link too
http://h20181.www2.hp.com/plmcontent/NACSC/SML/results.htm?SID=3454575&MEID=AC68CF26-704B-4D3C-9A00-4432F6520984

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
mahan_1
Advisor

thanks alot karlo
I solved the problem,I just swap the second cpu vrm with forth cpu vrm and problem solved it is very intresting that the second vrm just working with forth cpu and with firs,second and third cpu the problem remains.
and its intresting too: I HAVE NO FAIL ON MY SERVER ,so i think the status LEDs are extra ;-)
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

cool glad to hear that!! kinda weird yes
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!