108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL580 G6 power light and UID light

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Blaszczak
Advisor

DL580 G6 power light and UID light

I have a DL580 G6 with a front panel that has a UID that doesn't light, and a power switch that doesn't light. The other LEDs on the front panel work fine.

Is there a connector that's likely dislodged, or do I have a more interesting problem?
4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor

There is no DL580 G6. It is either a DL585 G6 or a DL580 G5 or G7.
Mike Blaszczak
Advisor

Sorry; that's a typo -- it's a G5.
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

There is a data cable involved and the whole display unit comes out. Check out page 20 and page 40 of the service guide.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01062660/c01062660.pdf

See if the data cable is not fully connected. Maybe the whole display unit is bad.

When did the lights stopped working? Was there any work done inside the server that required removing the whole display module or that might have disturbed the cables?
Mike Blaszczak
Advisor

Thanks for the link to the service manual. I'll see if I can find a loose cable.

Indeed, a few months ago I installed another 8-port SAS back plane. The panel was working after that. More recently, we recently moved the server (from one side of the data center to the other). Perhaps the back plane install made a connection loose and the move finally jostled it free.