1752802 Members
5779 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

DL580 G7 will not power off without press and Hold

Marc Sivak
Occasional Visitor

DL580 G7 will not power off without press and Hold

I have 6 identical DL580 G7 servers that are all encountering the same issue.  Running SLES 11.1 when told to shutdown the systems power down correctly, this occurs when momentarily pressing power as well.  The Problem is within 30seconds of the server being "OFF" they power back on automatically.  the following is logged in the ilo log and nothing else

iLO 3 11/14/2011 10:56 11/14/2011 10:52 5 Server power restored. 859 iLO 3 11/14/2011 10:55 11/14/2011 10:55 1 Server reset.

I have updated firmware, turned off ASR, changed power setting all over and no change in behavior. 

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: DL580 G7 will not power off without press and Hold

First thing I'd try would be to go into RBSU - System Default Options and select Restore Default System Settings. Be sure NOT to select Restore Settings/Erase Boot Disk if you have any data on the disks.

In RBSU under Server Availability have you tried disabling Automatic Power-On?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Marc Sivak
Occasional Visitor

We've shut off the automatic power on and had no sucess.

5 of the six are still default(trying to minimize changes untill this is figured out), i'll try and reset one again to see if it clears anything.

Marc Sivak
Occasional Visitor

No Cahnge in behavior using default settings either, or after disabling automatic power up again.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I'm out of ideas on this one. With seeing the same issue on multiple machines you need to open a support case.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!