ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752808 Members
6549 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL580 No Post No Video

Anthony_167

DL580 No Post No Video

I had a DL580 shipped to me and the server booted fine. Performed a system erase and system no longer posts (no video). Power LED blinks amber about 8 times after applying power and then remains solid. There are no interlock led on. Removed and reseated all internal components and cables. Peripheral Board IDD shows 00. Both power supplies and all fans power on with a green light. No other error message lights appear. The power backplane board has a blue light on CR2, which may be normal. Replaced peripheral board and system board, no changes occured. Any other ideas on resolving this problem.
4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_167

I forgot to indicate that this is a Compaq DL580 G1.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Try one more time
1. Pull power cable out - press power switch and hold for 10 seconds
2. Pull out any additional components and leave min memory, reset CPU if possibly test with one or swap them around, if you have two-power supply swap them around.
3. Let system stay for few minutes try to power up if no go
4.Enable NVRAM switch #6 from maintenance box ├в power up server keep for two minutes ├в power down, disable switch
5. Run step 1& 3, than power up ├в sometimes it happened
Anthony_167

I brought the system down to minimum components (including swapping in and out 4 processors, leaving the other three slots with a processor terminator module, removed/replaced memory modules) and tried the suggestions given but this problem still remains.
Anthony_167

Problem was a faulty memory board. Issue resolved.