1753808 Members
7568 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL580 System Freeze

Graeme Ash

DL580 System Freeze

We have a problematic DL580 700MHz.

Over the past few months we have been having many ASRs, these have been logged with Compaq via a Carepaq but with no reolution.

We have since disbaled ASR abr thrmal shutdown.

We are still having issues where the servers will be in use for a few hours and then freeze. No mouse or keyboard action, no IP connectivity, simply a frozen screen.

Has anyone seen this before?

There are now clues in the event log to assist and the inetgrated log management does not help.

Please help :)

Cheers
Graeme
4 REPLIES 4
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

This happens every few hours? Has the memory been brought down to a minimum configuration? What other devices are installed? Also how many processors are installed?

I would recommend bringing the amount of memory down and see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't happen, then obviously it's likely in the memory somewhere.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Graeme Ash

Thanks for the reply.

The system is a quad Zeon box. It is running with 2GB of RAM on WIN2K SP2 + latest hotfixes. When you say bring down the memory, are you referring to SQL memory allocation?
If so, then I cant as it is a non SQL box.

It does have a Unisys EAE product on it which is nasty but I do not belive to be the cause of the issues.

It has been upgraded to SmartStart 6.1 and the latest ROMPAQs.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

No. I mean to physically pull memory out and bring it down to, let's say, 1 GB to see if it last for longer than "a few hours".
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Wilson Sinclair

Graeme,

You may want to follow the thread http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xff465c7609e9d61190050090279cd0f9,00.html

which details similar issues on DL580 G2 servers.

Regards,
Wilson