1752463 Members
5573 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL580 and SAN

Jeff Woods

DL580 and SAN

I have 2 Compaq Proliant DL580 Servers connected to 2 8-port switches, which in turn connect to 2 4100 RAID Arrays and a tape library (through the router/MDR). I am having problems like:

1. I can configure the arrays, load Win2k and even cluster the servers and add drivers for the tape drive. The first time I restart a server however, it takes along time to boot, and then cannot recognize the drives when the other processor is down.
2. If I run ACU, it gives an error message that the array is configured for redundancy, but the ACU cannot reconfigure and lists some possibilities.
3. If I completely power down the rack before bring up either server by itself all things seem ok, except that the disks in the top array cannot be read by windows. ACU says they are ok. This is where my quorem disk resides.
4. When I run the array diagnostics it will report a bad array card, unless of course I power down/reset all equipment in which case everything is fine.
5. I have swapped the array cards around several times to see if I could "move" the problem. Nothing changes. I updated the Firmware as well to no avail.

I seems as though when one processor takes control of the top array initially, control is never given up when the processor is taken off-line. This is a real mess and I would appreciate any suggestions.
2 REPLIES 2
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

What MS Service Pack Level are you at? I would recommend SP2 (not SP3).

Doug
I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Jeff Woods

SP1. We have an identical system that is running fine with SP1.