ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748202 Members
3053 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL580's problem about driver , disk configuration and Lan card failover configuration..

SOLVED
Go to solution
stephen peng
Valued Contributor

DL580's problem about driver , disk configuration and Lan card failover configuration..

dear all,
i have installed three DL580s, and one seemed everything ok, and the other twos in strange situation. there was "other device", described as "basic system device" in the device management window of computer management window, whose status was not ok, looked like i should install driver for it, but i could not figure out what device it was. what can i do in this situation? i compared the device of these two "wrong" DL580s to that of the "ok" DL580, but nothing different founded. they were all installed with a HBA, connecting to the SAN to use a EVA4000.
now the vdisk configure in the EVA4000 can be shown in all DL580s, and i can read from the disk management window of computer management window that there are two disk devices that come from the EVA4000, one in the status of dynamic and online, and the other, dynamic and offline. what should i do to configure these disk devices to meet the disk usage requirement of windows?
i've got two HP NC7782 Gigabit Server adapter installed in those DL580s, and i want to configure them as failover parts, when one Lan switch fails or one Lan adapter fails, the IP should switch to another adapter, just like compaq's NetRAIN. do i need to install some softwares or just install some drivers?
thanks for your opinion.
6 REPLIES 6
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: DL580's problem about driver , disk configuration and Lan card failover configuration..

Hi stephen,

PSP contains all driver install it.
one more thing to add is since there is a san connectivity you can install mpio for the failure redudency for san connectivity with 2 fc cards.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
stephen peng
Valued Contributor

hi Prashant,
i could not quite catch up with you. what is PSP? and it didn't look like that i have not install all the drivers, it told from the comparison of the "wrong" DL580 and the "ok" DL580. what is "basic system device" for?
anyway,thank you for your reply
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

PSP is short for "ProLiant Support Pack". It's a collection of device drivers and the system management homepage.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

install this with repective to os
ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows 2000
version 7.50 A (13 Apr 06)

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23300.html

ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003
version 7.50 A (13 Apr 06)
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23301.html

It contains all driver you need

Prashant S.

Dont forget to assign point to your posts
Nothing is impossible
VCP2005
Trusted Contributor

Hi Stephen,
The driver should be in Proliant support pack or you may create the driver to diskett from your smart start CD come with proliant.

NetRain, or in Poliant we call it Network teaming, it is straight forward to configure.

1. 2 NIC must in compatible model
2. 2 NIC must connect to same VLAN
3. double click the HP Network icon in the task bar at right bottom (please make sure you install the OS using SMART start CD)
4. copy down or you may have all the network connectivity parameters for the NIC - IP, SUBNET, WIN, DNS ....
5. highlight both NIC and click team.
6. then from the OS network Connections should have additional Network and let configure the IP, SUBNET, WIN, DNS....
7. from the Network Manager, you should have option select failover, load balance....

*** remember Network interface will restart while these configuration
Connery
Trusted Contributor

Stephen,
This whitepaper provides 80+ pages of information about teaming.

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/networking/TeamingWP.pdf

Specifically, look at Section 3 (Teaming Fundamentals For the First Time User). 3-2 provides an overview of every Teaming type. 3-5 provides instructions on downloading, installing, launching, etc. 3-7-1 provides an example of how to deploy/configure teaming.

If you want in depth information, you can also read all of Section 4.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.