cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL580G2 Internal Health Error

r_34
Occasional Contributor

DL580G2 Internal Health Error

I've recently installed a Proliant DL580 G2 with Quad Xeon 2.8GHz processors and 6GB of RAM. It has a Smart Array 6402 Controller connected to 2 StorageWorks 4314R Enclosures. The server is running Windows Server 2003.

The problem I am running into is that the server hangs on boot if it has been turned off for a few minutes. If I shut down the server and reboot it immediately it comes up fine. If I leave it off for more than a couple of minutes it will POST properly but as soon as it cuts over to loading the OS it hangs at the Windows Server 2003 screen and the Internal Health LED on the front of the box comes on red.

The only change I have made recently is switching from a standard KVM to a KVM over IP setup using a DSRIQ module from Avocent. I think this change is unrelated to the problem.

HP support haven't had any good ideas. Does anyone have any thoughts. I'm hoping for this server to go into production in a week or two.

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

Re: DL580G2 Internal Health Error

Did you check the system management log where such problems should be logged ?
r_34
Occasional Contributor

I checked the Integrated Management Log, if that's what you mean. There are no errors logged during the period where this problem occurs.
John Marinov
Frequent Advisor

Did you try changing back to a normal KB and monitor, and does the problem go away?

It might not be unrelated after all.
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi,

No promises but I just had a similar problem when after installing a Gigabit NIC in a Proliant server, the server came with a internal health error and it just wont boot. I know you probably have already tried this but have you opened the case and checked that everything is seated properly inside the server?

My problem was fixed by just re-seating some of the hardware components inside.

Good luck:)
nabeel_1
Occasional Visitor

I am having the same problem, any new updates on this issue
Darrenrd
Advisor

hi, R
you mention there is a red indicator light ,,, have you look at the controller panel to determine the problem.. this panel is located on the top cover of the server.. Look to see if there are any memory or inter loct errors, usually indicated a component is not seated correctly. Also see if there are any diffrence when booting in safe mode to eliminate a driver issue..

hope this helps..
Darren
Live life like there is no tomorrow