1753830 Members
9051 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL580G2 fan speeds and other questions

Doggie52

DL580G2 fan speeds and other questions

Hello!

Please, bear with me for I am not too much experienced with HP servers.
The fans of my DL580G2 are noisy and running quite fast, is there a way I can decrease the speed of them by installing some sort of software or driver?

The latter question leads in to my second, rather general question. Being a novice when it comes to HP's line of servers I am wondering what drivers I need in order to run my server at the best performance available. As this is the only server I manage I am not looking for the System Insight Manager nor any other large multi-server-manager of sorts. Is there any driver tool available that scans and downloads the latest drivers for my system, for example? If not, is there a driver package available that includes a bare set of drivers?

I was told the SIM package would have "everything I could possibly need" - I have tried it and have yet to find the answer to all my questions.

I understand that my latter inquiry is rather vague, if you want me to clarify please let me know!
4 REPLIES 4
wobbe
Respected Contributor

First tell us what o.s. you are running.
Doggie52

Naturally, sorry, forgot about that.
I am running Windows Server 2003 Datacenter edition with PAE extension to handle the 12GB of RAM.
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Doggie52

A great reply, however I'm not sure where to proceed from here on. I now have a large bunch of drivers and management tools installed through the support pack - how do I go about changing the speeds of the fans, for example?