cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL580G2 slow memory count up during post

Dave Behler
Frequent Advisor

DL580G2 slow memory count up during post

I have a couple of DL580G2's with the memory expansion board & 8GB total. When booting these servers the first 4GB of memory counts up very quickly, but the next 4GB easily takes a minute plus. I double checked the quick boot option under RBSU, advanced and it is set to enabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY
Dave Behler
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL580G2 slow memory count up during post

I found the fix. This was listed under that a ML370, but seems to do the trick.

It is recommended that a full memory test be run when installing new memory options. There is a feature called ROM Post Speed-Up in RBSU that allows the system ROM to do a complete memory test. When disabled, ROM Post Speed-Up increases the time it takes a system to boot by performing a complete memory test. This feature is Enabled by default to provide a shorter boot time.

To run a complete memory test, first install all memory options in the system. The power on the system and enter RBSU by pressing F9 at POST. Under Advanced Options, disable ROM Post Speed-Up option and exit RBSU. After the system has completed POST and checked all system memory, enter RBSU again by pressing F9 and Enable ROM Post speed-up if a faster boot time is desired. Save and exit RBSU.