1752578 Members
4420 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL580G5 207-Memory Error

Romualdo Carlet
Contributor

DL580G5 207-Memory Error

I'm receiving 207-Memory connectvity problem on option Memory Board 1, Socket 4D during post and system halts! When I remove the 4 dimms that make up the bank on the option memory boards, It's able to boot ok. I replaced all 4 dimms and the same issue. When I move the option memory board to another location, the error follows. I also replaced the option memory board as well as the 4 dimms on the option memory board and the same issue. Am I missing something?
3 REPLIES 3
pj_11
Super Advisor

Re: DL580G5 207-Memory Error

Hello Romualdo

The memory boards are installed in pairs.
So you have to install the dimms evenly across board1 and 2 and must have the same part numberin each slot ie slot1 in board 1 an slot1 board2 this is normally why you are getting the message.Remove all dimms across the boards check each part number on the memory make sure each one is the same cross both boards.

PJ

Romualdo Carlet
Contributor

Thanks for the response..

I did replace all dimms across the 4 option memory boards at location 4d and the same issue.
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hi Romualdo,

If the problem moves then it is more then likely the memory or memory board.Have you
tried using to memory and memory boards which are not showing any errors on this board.You will need to fault find until you find the culprit i had a similar issue i just reseated the dimm and it was fine.
If you have confirmed all the memory and boards are fine then i would look at the processor/memory tray replacement.

PJ