ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753823 Members
8753 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL585-G1, NIC team fails after reboot.

ETP_Vancouver
Occasional Contributor

DL585-G1, NIC team fails after reboot.

When I configure a new team using the integrated NICs, everything seems fine. After reboot however, NIC1 reports as being connected but not teamed. I can temporarily fix the problem by disabling/enabling the team network connection.

I'm running Win2003 SP2. Latest firmware and drivers. Tried re-installng both. I have other identical servers running just fine. Tried swapping cables and network switch ports with a working server. Could this be a hardware fault? Any hints/tips would be much appreciated!

The relevant event log error is this:
Event Source: CPQTeamMP
Event ID: 270
Description:
HP Team #1: PROBLEM: An attempt was made to add a team member to a team, but the new team member does not support the Task Offload capabilities offered by the team, and can not operate properly within the team. The Team is more capable than the Team Member. The attempt to join the team has been failed. ACTION: Rerun the HP Network Teaming and Configuration utility to reconfigure the Team and Team Member. Possibly, specifically Disabling all Offload capabilities. Or disable and (re-)enable this team's Network Connection on "Network and Dial-up Connections" page.

That last step of dis/re-enabling works, but only till the next reboot.

4 REPLIES 4
LRP
Frequent Advisor

Hello,
I have a similar problem.
I have a BL20P, runing WindowsServer2003, and after a reboot the team network connection stays in the state: "aquiring network address...".
After i disable /enable the team network connection the problem disapears, until next reboot.
I have installed the latest network drivers but the problem remains.
Did you already solve your problem?
Can anyone help me?
burn_up
Advisor

Hi,

Check this Customer Advisory, there is several resolution on for that issue

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01194837&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
LRP
Frequent Advisor

I have tried this advisory tips but the problem still happens.
Does the fact that i have one of the network adapters that belongs to the team, without the cable connected may influence the teaming performance?
burn_up
Advisor

I don't think the team, without the cable connected may influence the teaming performance.

Lets try this:
1- Disolve the team.
2- Create a new team
3- Click on each adapter and go to properties
4- Check on the advanced tab and check on the property box.
5- On each adapter disable the following:
- Rx/Tx TCP checksum offload
- Rx/TX IP checksum offload
6- Reboot the server