7450 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL585 G1 blue screen with 2 x 4GB HBA's

erkle
Advisor

DL585 G1 blue screen with 2 x 4GB HBA's

Can someone give any guidance here?

We are testing (in process of going live) 8 new DL585 G1 servers with exact same hardware and OS build. We have come across an issue when copying large (10GB) files from SAN drive to local disks. When the copy reaches about 90% the server trips and reboots (NO MEM DUMP) just quick bluescreen with "Hardware malfunction, contact your hardware manufacturer". We have narrowed it down to QLOGIC Fibre HBA cards. We have 2 of these sitting in both 133mhz PCI slots. If we only connect 1 HBA there is no problem, but with both it trips??

This happens on all 8 servers so it is not a faulty HBA, System Board etc..

OS= Windows Server 2003 64bit ENT R2

Anyone have any thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

Do you use MPIO failover?
Officially the PCI-X 2.0 Generic versions of the Qlogic 4Gb cards (QLA2460 and QLA2462) are not supported. Only the HP versions of these cards (FC1143 and FC1243) are supported by HP.
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

Found that this problem currently under investigation of HP engineers. The temporary workaround is to move both cards to a 100 MHz slot (slots 3 to 8). Please also contact HP support for latest news.
Jose Felix_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have 2 DL585 with the some problem into Linux boxes. Do you know the reason of this behavior ?
I could not found any advaisory about this; Do you know if there is any one?
The problem is related to the Qlogic boards or the DL585 PCI buses, maybe both?
erkle
Advisor

Work around is to put HBA's in 100mhz slots
Jose Felix_1
Occasional Contributor

I know the workaround you say, but my question is if does anyone where the problem come? There is no any advaisory or document inside HP.