cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL585 G2 array errors at POST

SebastianT
Advisor

DL585 G2 array errors at POST

There was no previous notice from HP SIM regarding drive failure on this server.While rebooting the server upon POST I notice the following.

1792-Slot 9 Drive Array-Valid data found in array accelerator. Data will automatically be written to drive array.

1779-Slot 9 Drive Array-Replacement drive(s) detected or previously failed drive(s) now appear to be operational: Port1I: Box 1: Bays1,2. Logical drive(s) disabled due to possible data loss. Select F1 to continue with logical drive(s) disabled. Select F2 to accept data loss and to re-enable logical drive(s). Resume = F1 or F2 key.

1716--Slot 9 Drive Array-Unrecoverable media errors detected on drives during previous rebuild or background surface analysis (ARM) scan. Errors will be fixed automatically when the sector(s) are overwritten. Backup and restore recommended.

I took the F2 option, was able to boot the server back into Windows and things looked all green and healthy from SMH. No indication of array or disk failure.

I've upgraded to PSP 8.40 recently as well.

On the second reboot of the server there was another message during POST regarding the array. Array data missing or incomplete.
POST Error: 1787-Drive Array Operating in Interim Recovery Mode

At this point I am wondering why am I not seeing any current disk or array issues from SMH, but only during POST? And, if I should be concerned of this server taking another dive again?

Thanks,
Seb
2 REPLIES
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: DL585 G2 array errors at POST

These reboots were they graceful reboots or crashes? The messages indicate they were crashes. The 1792 is normal and is telling you that there is disk data in the controller's cache that must be written out to the disks to make the disks consistent and avoid data loss. The other two might indicate a problem with the disks.

SebastianT
Advisor

Re: DL585 G2 array errors at POST

These were graceful reboots. Basically the server was added to a workgroup and required to reboot. Then added back to the domain and asked to reboot again.

I went a step further and ran the array diagnostic utility, but this server is no longer under HP support. Is anything that I can look for in the array diagnostic log that would indicate whether it is a controller or disk failure?