cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL585 G5 Broadcom memory usage is high

Marie Fahmy
Occasional Visitor

DL585 G5 Broadcom memory usage is high

I have 8 exchange clustered servers with broadcom drivers. When we upgraded one node with the latest NIC drivers, we noticed a high memory utilization used by this file bxnd52x. We tried to downgrade the NIC drivers but the Bxnd52x is still using the same about of non-paged pool memory. It doesn't grow than 9MB but it is a concern for us. We brought a new server and installed the latest drivers on it. The same NIC file is using 9MB of non-paged pool memory. The customer is complaining that the exchange server may suffer because of this issue.

Did someone else had this issue? What is the solution of the NIC driver?
3 REPLIES
RogerWeaz
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL585 G5 Broadcom memory usage is high

I have four exchange 2003 clustered on blade with broadcom utilising high memory and yes it indeed does cause issues with exchange as we have to reboot them consitantly in order to bring down the memory utilisation as services stop. We just switched to these new servers and have had issues ever since with http connections.

No solution yet.
Marie Fahmy
Occasional Visitor

I have just downgraded all broadcom drivers from version 5.0 to version 4.4.15 and nonpaged memory pool got way better. Broadcom should come up with a better driver.

Hi,

Check the below advisory link:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01658650〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3454580&prodTypeId=15351

Regards.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.