ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748195 Members
2650 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL585 G5/G6 hybrid memeory issues under Win 10 for workstations

dawino6260

DL585 G5/G6 hybrid memeory issues under Win 10 for workstations

I've got an HP DL585 G5 with a G6 cpu drawer stuffed in the front -- All bios's are up to date and the machine performs OK in general use -

Problem is: when I run things like unigine Superposition or Novabench or even PC mark -- it mis-reports the RAM -- for example: unigine shows 96gb of RAM the first time around (I only have 48 in it at the moment) then the second time it adds another 48 gigs -- novabench misreports 96 gigs every run .

I'm assuming it's a windows issue but I seem to remember ther was a memory controller or chipset driver I had to do for server 2k8r2 to get the memory reporting right  Anyone else ran across this? -- Machine runs unigine perfect on the linux side with Opensuse leap Also it passes all the HW tests on the flash drive when booting from Gandalfs win/PE Redstone 

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: DL585 G5/G6 hybrid memeory issues under Win 10 for workstations

Hi,

This issue could be specific to that application you are running.  Have you tried to run "Insight Diagnostics" which is from HP, that should report the memory properly.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03311843

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo