1752290 Members
5275 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL585 g2 iLO

Steadroy Lewis
Occasional Advisor

DL585 g2 iLO

Error message ILo temporary unavailable, I have tried to update the firmware using the latest firmware cd error still ocurring.
11 REPLIES 11
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

if you can afford downtime, power off the server, unplug the power cables, wait 30 secs , plug the power cables and power on the server.

This will completely reset the iLO.
Steadroy Lewis
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried that and at the moment it is completely without power. The strange thing is the system board has been swapped and on first boot comes up with the same iLO error. no other errors are evident. but there is no build on the server at this point.
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

Hi which version of FW CD you used? The very latest one is: 8.10 http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3219717&prodNameId=3288124&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-a3d64497af4d4cdeb699c2edd3

In the other hand, removing power DOES NOT RESET iLO. When posting wait for the iLO F8 prompt once in the iLO menu try configuring it but first do a reset to default values.

That should work. But again, removing power DOES NOT RESET iLO. Just imaging after a power outage if you had to reconfigure all your iLO in your servers...

You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Steadroy Lewis
Occasional Advisor

The F8 option is not being shown due to the error message ilo temporarily not available, we have used the latest FW CD.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

@ Rampante :
>>"In the other hand, removing power DOES NOT RESET iLO."

>>"That should work. But again, removing power DOES NOT RESET iLO. Just imaging after a power outage if you had to reconfigure all your iLO in your servers..."

This problem is normally solved with a ilo reset, which is not the same as you think to return the ilo to system defaults...

So , on the other hand, removing power DOES RESET iLO.

I checked and it is even officially documented, check page 184 :

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00209014/c00209014.pdf

"To reset iLO, you must power down the server and disconnect the power supplies completely"

Regards

Steadroy Lewis
Occasional Advisor

Clearing the Nvram and enabling the maintenance switch still has not resolved the problem. Unable to get into the F8 option to reset the ilo back to factory defaults. The following cards have been removed from the server 2 PCIe HBA fibre cards, 1 NC3136 and 1 p400 array controller. We where able to connect to the server but had a number of connectivity issues, the engineer removed all power from the server, but on restart the error ilo temporarily unable occurred the systemboard has been swapped and we still get the same error. The ilo cable is not connected to the server at present
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

so New system board same issue...

I would say since the only options are:
power cable and Fw update and the other you already NVRAM - switch number 1 to ON

DOA system Board and also request a power supply backplane and try another power source.... I think something is crashing the ilo

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

BTW Steadroy

keeping us update about this issue

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Hi,

To reset the ILO by removing power please wait for the capacitors to discharge, basic electronic knowledge.

I recommend you to overwrite ILO password with the switch in the system board (switch 1), this will force ILO options to show up on POST, and also if any device is causing a conflict with the ILO you can change the IRQ in the RBSU under PCI devices. Please do both and let us know.

Regards,