108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL585 rehat install failure

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joel Flickinger
Occasional Advisor

DL585 rehat install failure

I have a new Opteron DL585 and I am trying to get RHEL3 installed with no luck. I fear there is a cciss driver issue here but I am not sure. I had downloaded the new driver from HP for the array controller and used it with the install with no luck. Anything else out there I need to know/try/do/pull out my hair? Thannks in advance.

~joel
2 REPLIES 2
HGN
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DL585 rehat install failure

Hi

We had a similar experinece installing with a RedHat AS 2.1 even when we ahd the driver for the smart array controller, had to call RedHat and they advised us to use Update 2, was trying with Update 1 & 3 both did not work. You may want to check with different update cd's which come with different release of kernel( I was surprised that it did not work with Update 3 since changes in update 2 should reflect in Update 3). Hope this helps in fixing your issue.

Rgds

HGN
Joel Flickinger
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL585 rehat install failure

That is what I have been hearing. I am not sure what relase of Version 3 I have right now. I am just learning now how they work this as well. Can you tell me what kernel version you have with what RedHat told you to use? Does RedHat even tell you anywhere, what release has what in it?

Thanks

~joel