1753503 Members
4901 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

DL585 with RAID and/or HD issues

jsprev
Occasional Visitor

DL585 with RAID and/or HD issues

I have a RAID 5 data volume that has two drives blinking amber and indicate Predictive Failure.  OK, but one of the drives is a replacement for a failed drive.  So, I guess it could be DOA.  Windows is indicating many instances of the following TWO errors - I wonder if I'm seeing a problem with the RAID controller itself (p400).  Also which is "bus 0 and ID 5. "?  There are 8 drives - first two RAID 1 (OS) and next 6 RAID 5  It is the last two in the RAID 5 with blinking lights so I guess it actually in bay 7?  Any help would be appreciated.

Log Name:      System

Source:        disk

Date:          6/6/2013 7:47:38 AM

Event ID:      11

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:     

Description:

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

----------

Log Name:      System

Source:        Cissesrv

Date:          6/6/2013 7:47:40 AM

Event ID:      24606

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:     

Description:

Logical drive 2 configured on array controller P400 located in server slot 9 returned a fatal error during a read/write request from/to the volume. 

Logical block address 1432627599, block count 1024 and command 32 were taken from the failed logical I/O request. 

Array controller P400 located in server slot 9 is also reporting that the last physical drive to report a fatal error condition (associated with this logical request), is located on bus 0 and ID 5.

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: DL585 with RAID and/or HD issues

Use HP ACU (array configuration utility) to check status and diagnose arrays behind the HP Smart Array card.

jsprev
Occasional Visitor

OK.  There is a lot of info there.   Under the "Consolidated Error Report" section it only lists the two drives in predictive failure.  I will try to replace one tomorrow and see if that fixes it.  It is a new drive and I plan to bring down the server and replace the drive.  When the server comes up I imagine there will be some sort of "New drive detected" message and I hope the options are clear - to rebuild using the new drive.  Thanks.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Take a backup of the data first. You should get a message in POST yes..