New Discussion юеВ

DL585g2 Firmware Maintenance CD Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott Langer
Advisor

DL585g2 Firmware Maintenance CD Problem

Anyone else having this issue:

I have downloaded the latest Proliant Firmware Maintenence CD fom HP (v8.20). Every time I run it on my 585g2's it goes through the initial boot screen and the progress bar a the bottom reaches the end then the screen goes blank and nothing happens. I have tried leaving it for hours and it just sits there with a black screen. I know the CD works because I have tried downloading it twice, checking the hash and I have successfully upgraded firmware on my DL 360's using the CD.

Is there a different way to upgrade the firmware? These are VMware ESX boxes so I cant use the Version Control Repository like on Windows machnes as far as I know, but I do have the management agents installed...

thanks in advance. -Scott L.
2 REPLIES 2
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DL585g2 Firmware Maintenance CD Problem

hi

check this advisory

Advisory: ProLiant Servers with Exactly 64 GB of Memory May Stop Responding While Booting the SmartStart Release 8.10 or the Firmware Maintenance CD Version 8.20

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01554945&dimid=1046218472&dicid=alr_sep08&jumpid=em_alerts/us/sep08/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category_AdvisoryProLiant/alerts

and let us know

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Scott Langer
Advisor

Re: DL585g2 Firmware Maintenance CD Problem

thanks for the Advisory post. the workaround they have works for me. (we have exactly 64GB in each server)

thanks again!!