New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL585g2 Firmware Maintenance CD Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott Langer
Advisor

DL585g2 Firmware Maintenance CD Problem

Anyone else having this issue:

I have downloaded the latest Proliant Firmware Maintenence CD fom HP (v8.20). Every time I run it on my 585g2's it goes through the initial boot screen and the progress bar a the bottom reaches the end then the screen goes blank and nothing happens. I have tried leaving it for hours and it just sits there with a black screen. I know the CD works because I have tried downloading it twice, checking the hash and I have successfully upgraded firmware on my DL 360's using the CD.

Is there a different way to upgrade the firmware? These are VMware ESX boxes so I cant use the Version Control Repository like on Windows machnes as far as I know, but I do have the management agents installed...

thanks in advance. -Scott L.
2 REPLIES 2
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

check this advisory

Advisory: ProLiant Servers with Exactly 64 GB of Memory May Stop Responding While Booting the SmartStart Release 8.10 or the Firmware Maintenance CD Version 8.20

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01554945&dimid=1046218472&dicid=alr_sep08&jumpid=em_alerts/us/sep08/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category_AdvisoryProLiant/alerts

and let us know

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Scott Langer
Advisor

thanks for the Advisory post. the workaround they have works for me. (we have exactly 64GB in each server)

thanks again!!