ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753776 Members
7161 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL590 Boot problem

Frnk Breuer

DL590 Boot problem

I have 2 DL590 Itanium. After changing the memory, both server don't boot. They don't init the video...

The monitor is BLACK!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

Do you get any beeps or any other trouble indication?

Have you tried putting the memory back to the original configuration.
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
What was the reason for changing the memory or you just added more memory to your server?? Each Memory Board requires two Voltage Regulator Modules, VRMs. The VRMs are not hot pluggable or redundant but can be swapped for troubleshooting purposes.
It is not necessary to remove the Memory Boards from the Processor/Memory Drawer in order to replace or swap the VRMs. The VRMs of both Memory Boards are accessible after the drawer is removed from the server's chassis.

Regards,

Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
I have attached one document regarding memory in the Itanium server. I shall be attaching anotherone shortly since I could not attach both of them at the same time. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
I have attached one document regarding memory in the Itanium server. I shall be attaching anotherone shortly since I could not attach both of them at the same time. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
I am sorry for the Double posting of the last message but here is the second document which I have mentioned in my last posting.

Regards,
Frnk Breuer

At that time, the original memory is on the board at the old position. They try to init 2 or 3 minutes to init the video and then they reset again...