ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753781 Members
7500 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL740 - Memory Notifications

DL740 - Memory Notifications

Hi All,

I am continuously getting "Memory Board or Cartridge Inserted" notifications in Insight Manager 7 when I reboot the server. I have looked everywhere in CIM and cannot find anything. So the only thing I can assume it is a server problem. It is running 10Gigs of Mem. Has anyone come across this ?

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try to clear the nv ram and check for following information on server and then check.

-----------
Any ProLiant DL740 server with a Hot Plug Memory Cartridge (Assembly Number 265595-001 or 265595-002) built between June 20, 2003 and September 12, 2003. A Hot Plug Memory Cartridge built during this timeframe can be identified by the week code embedded in the Commodity Tracking (CT) number. The CT number is located on a label affixed to the Hot Plug Memory Cartridge (see Figure 1 and Figure 2 for an example of the CT label).

The Commodity Tracking (CT) number is 14 alphanumeric digits and has the following format:

CT: XXXXXXXXX ZZ XXX (where "X" is an alphanumeric character and "ZZ" is any of the following week codes)

Can you tell me the same code so we can verify it can be due to that also.

Is it under the following catagory
ZZ= ( OY, OZ, P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6, P7, P8, P9, PA )

If yes then replace Hot Plug Memory Cartridges with Spares Kit Part Number 280613-001

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible

How do I clear the NVRAM ?