ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753795 Members
7010 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL760 G2 Memory/Linux Problem

Stephan Steyn

DL760 G2 Memory/Linux Problem

I Have got a problem with a DL760 G2 and suspect it to be a memory problem. The server has got an orange LED shining trough the procesor cage at the procesors side but no other error leds and also no other Logs in the IML or anything that points to a problem. I have had a similar problem before on a machine with a very similar problem but in that case it reported a non corectable memory error on an certain dimm. But this specific machine doesnt give any other error and the light disapears after every restart and comes back after about 2 days. The customer is also complaining that it is running slow, spesifically the replication from the other node in the cluster. The machine is running Linux Enterprise 3 Adnvanced Server with PSP 7.51. It has got 20 GB total memory running over 5 Memory boards and of which 4GB is redundant. It is running 8way 3.0MP 4MB Proccesors. I also cant get the Systems managment homepage to work corectly, pls see attached pic. If any one has got any ideas please help as is urgent problem that im struging with.
2 REPLIES 2
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL760 G2 Memory/Linux Problem

Hi, I've seen this kind of issues with other servers, most of the cases has been resolved by updating the BIOS and server's FW version, so here is one shot in order to get this issue resolved. Go to http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24777.html and download the FW CD, burn it and boot the server with the CD, then apply all the FW upgrades, another shot is you can reseat the memory board and its dimms, due to the vibration it can be moved a few mm and is not making contact.

Let me know and keep me updated...
RaMpaNTe
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Stephan Steyn

Re: DL760 G2 Memory/Linux Problem

thanx for the reply but firmware has been updated already and PSP to 7.51 but no joy, will however try and reseat all memory boards.