cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL760 powers on but LCD never gets to System Init

John Rowan_2
Regular Advisor

DL760 powers on but LCD never gets to System Init

I have a DL760, 4 x 700Mhz CPU with 2GB RAM.  I was trying to resurrect it yesterday, two of the SCSI disks (SCSI ID 2 & 3) were reported as having failed.  I had trouble as the array configuration utility (bios based) locked up one time but eventually allowed me to erase the config and define a RAID 5 with 1 online spare.  I went to reinstall CentOS6 linux but it said no drives available.  I went to try installing CentOS5 today but am unable to get past the machine powering on.   The drives momemtarily flash, CDROM and floppy lights, fans spin up but the LCD sits.  I have another DL760 above it in the rack.  I booted that, the LCD comes on and seconds later shows System Init followed by other components.  The problem device booted many times yesterday.  I erased NVRAM in attempt to define RAID5 array a couple of times each time the system telling me to cycle power.  The battery supporting NVRAM had died but was replaced yesterday.  The errors warning me about the low battery had gone away.  

I opened the PCI slot covers and there are NO orange lights, all green.  I turned SW6 to the on position trying clearing the config but still nothing.  I removed / reseated each of the four processors.  I removed the RAM card and reinstalled it.  I took out the SCSI cage and reintalled it.  I am at a loss as to why it booted many times yesterday but today won't get to System Init and subsequent steps in the boot process.